Posted on: March 19, 2023
Plans, coordinates and supervises the daily operations to provide a
functional and comfortable environment for patients, staff and
visitors at the medical center and all associated off-site medical
office buildings. Functional areas include any of the following:
Central Plant Operations, Maintenance and Repair, Building
Management Systems, Energy Utilization and Conservation, Project
Development and Support, and Fire/Safety Systems.
- Monitors operational programs, assuring that buildings are
maintained in a safe and operationally effective condition.
- Coordinates the implementation and maintenance of facility
- Compiles and analyzes operational and productivity data.
- Identifies innovative alternatives to improve efficiency of
- Reviews the consumption of energy and other resources in order
to plan and adjust operating policies and procedures to ensure
operations are cost effective.
- Prepares department operating budget and ensures adherence to
- Selects vendor services and products related to plant
operations and monitors their performance to ensure adherence to
contractual provisions, job schedules and regulatory
- Conducts inspection tours of the plant, related equipment and
emergency systems to ensure the efficient and uninterrupted
operation of the facility.
- Ensures all legally required licenses and operating permits are
obtained and maintained and that local, state and federal
regulations are followed.
- Reviews, approves and coordinates work requests to ensure
timely completion and adherence to regulatory codes and
- Participates in planning and design review related to
construction and renovation projects.
- Recruits, trains and motivates a workforce of technical and
other qualified personnel.
- Manages other related projects and programs as assigned.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of
Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining
the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the
assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity,
reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state
and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser
requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for
consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined
by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as
well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives.
- Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge,
skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and
culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to
purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Kaiser Permanente is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Minimum five (5) years of plant engineering experience
including previous hospital plant engineering experience.
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in
a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required. License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of TJC standards, Title 22 requirements
and local, state and federal building and plant engineering
regulations and codes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbal
- User knowledge of computer software used in department.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Management experience in a bargaining unit environment
- LA City Steam License and/or BOMA Certification preferred.
Job Category: Facility Services & Materials Management
Keywords: Kaiser, Bellflower , Chief Engineer, Engineering , Bellflower, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...