Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant
Company: Bel Tooren Villa Convalescent Hospital
Posted on: June 22, 2022
For California Residents Only - Employee Notice:
obligates covered businesses to disclose to consumers, including
employees, at or before the point of collecting personally
identifiable information ("PII"), the categories of PII to be
collected and the purposes for which the categories of PII shall be
In the course of employment, your employer may collect the
following categories of PII for the following purposes: onboarding,
conducting background checks, compliance with public health orders
and necessary screening related to public health emergencies,
managing the employment relationship, including payment of wages,
time records, direct deposit authorizations, providing health and
welfare benefits, withholding of taxes, arranging for business
travel, reviewing motor vehicle driving records, and preparing
legally required records, such as I-9 and EEO-1 forms.
* Names, nicknames, postal addresses, phone numbers, email
addresses, and other unique identifiers.
* Education, professional and work history.
* Related family or other personal data for individuals (other than
employee) to be covered under a health or welfare benefit.
* Identifiers such as driver's license number, social security
number, passport number, banking account information, or other
fairly unique identifiers.
* Biometric data used for time clocks, such as numerical data or
fingerprints or thumbprints, or data related to physical
measurements of handprints, thumbprints or fingerprints.
* Temperature data and health screening information necessary to
comply with public health orders related to public health
emergencies, such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
* Photographs submitted by employees used solely for the purpose of
health screening programs that use facial recognition software.
* Medical results and health related data resulting from medical
testing for COVID-19 and from any necessary related medical
* Airline, rental car, and hotel account/membership
* Internet or other electronic network activity information,
including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history,
and information regarding a consumer's interaction with an Internet
Web site, application, or advertisement.
We will not collect any additional categories of PII or use your
PII collected for any other purpose without providing you with
additional notice consistent with the CCPA.
The PTA - Physical Therapy Assistant provides direct rehab care in
physical therapy to patients upon physician referral under the
supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist (PT) in accordance
with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements:
* Graduate of an accredited program in physical therapy (ASPT)
* Currently registered/licensed in applicable State. Must maintain
an active license in good standing throughout employment.
* One (1) year experience in post acute care or related setting
* CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR
certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements:
* Participates in community health matters/projects as
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and e mail
* Liaisons with patients, families, support departments, etc., to
adequately plan for patient needs
* Demonstrate good body mechanics at all times
* Make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such
* Knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws,
regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute
* Implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives,
policies, and procedures of the department
* Perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not
limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
* Maintains professional working relationships with all associates,
* Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential
* Understand and follow company policies including harassment and
* Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's
Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other
appropriate compliance training
* Follow physical therapy treatment plans for patients under
direction of the supervising PT
* Chart appropriately and timely
* Utilize therapy software appropriately and accurately
* Exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude
* Assist in the evacuation of patients
* Demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
* Concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
* Communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary
* Sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move
intermittently during working hours
* Read, write, speak, and understand the English language
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Bel Tooren Villa Convalescent Hospital, Bellflower , Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant, Healthcare , Bellflower, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!