RN Clinical Supervisor - Ambulatory Services (East Compton Clinic)
Company: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Posted on: November 18, 2022
If you are interested please apply online and send your resume
to NOrozco@mlkch.org POSITION SUMMARY Reporting to the Director,
Ambulatory Services of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Los Angeles
(MLK-LA) Healthcare Corporation, the Ambulatory Clinical Supervisor
is responsible for successfully managing day to day operations of
MLKCH outpatient clinic(s) and ambulatory services involving one or
more specialty disciplines and/or clinic sites. During one 8 hour
shift, provides first-line operational supervision for assigned
functional area of responsibility (e.g., MOB primary or specialty
care department, urgent care, day/evening/night shift in emergency
medicine department). Ensures that healthcare staff delivering
ambulatory care/patient services provide high quality, accessible,
cost effective care and patient - focused services to members that
comply with Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital standards as
well as with local, state and federal requirements. Within assigned
area: implements, supervises/monitors and maintains clinical
practice and quality management standards, and staff
competencies/development. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In assigned area/function, supervises the operations and
delivery of patient care services.
- Ensures staff provide highest quality of care which complies
with the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, federal/state/local
- Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative
relationships with physicians and other departments.
- Collaborates with nursing and other departments to resolve
patient care issues, meet access demands, provide convenient hours
of operation, improve the cost structure and develop consistent
policies and procedures.
- Supervises and maintains patient care and quality service
standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Recommends and evaluates processes to improve systems and
patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Monitoring budgets and resource allocations and financial
performance and identifies and recommends strategies to reduce
costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Supervises use and maintenance of equipment, supplies and
- Assists site Administrator in developing and maintaining the
competency of all department staff.
- Supervises and monitors the implementation of departmental
polices and procedures which support the goals and business
objectives of the department and organization.
- Collaborates with physicians, Medical Director, Site
Administrator, Direct of Ambulatory Services, in developing the
appropriate level of patient services and the day-to-day operations
of the department.
- Measuring and improving internal and external customer
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor
relations, employee and department safety, and risk management
- Procure supplies and other materials needed for the medical
group site at competitive prices and with reputable vendors.
- Participate in development and implementation of long-range
- Assist in resolution of administrative and operational issues
including the maintenance of clinic property, computer systems and
installed software applications.
- Participate in management or leadership meetings as directed or
- Ensure compliance with regulations and standards.
- Serve as a liaison between site and external agencies.
- Assists leadership develop clinic strategic plans and
objectives based upon identified needs of patients.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality.
- Responsible for the selection, hiring, orienting, training and
supervision of all medical group staff (non-provider staff).
- Evaluate employee performance and recommend merit increases,
promotions and disciplinary actions.
- Resolves problems in administrative and clinical areas
- Organize and conduct regular staff meetings including setting
the meeting agendas.
- Ensure that staff is trained and operates in compliance with
all government and other regulatory agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned. POSITION REQUIREMENTS A.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college and/or a
professional certification requiring formal education beyond a
- Current California RN license.
- Current Basic Life Support for Providers, by American Heart
- Advanced Life Support certification (ACLS), by American Heart
Association (AHA) B. Qualifications/Experience
- Registered Nurse with at least 2yrs of clinical experience in a
hospital, clinic, home care, nursing home setting or health
facility within the last 5yrs.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory or management experience in a
health care setting
- Current State license valid driver's license (local travel
required up to 5% of the time).
- Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication
- Highly organized and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google
Suite, electronic medical records and ability to learn new
- Demonstrates ability to supervise and direct administrative
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English required. C. Special
- Must be able to relate well to patients, clinicians, employees,
and other professionals. Must be able to handle confidential issues
- Must be able to understand the goals of the practice and work
to obtain these goals independently as well as in collaboration
with clinician partners.
- Must have working knowledge of managed care and other current
health insurance arrangements .
Keywords: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, Bellflower , RN Clinical Supervisor - Ambulatory Services (East Compton Clinic), Healthcare , Bellflower, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!