Cyber System Administrator-Network Security Engineer
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is looking for a Cyber
System Administrator-Network Security Engineer (Level 3) to join
the team at Seal Beach in California. Periodic Frequent Travel is
expected, (up to 50%) for short periods of time, based on program
needs.- This is a 1st shift position.Boeing Defense, Space &
Security Experimental Systems Group (ESG), a unit of Boeing Space
and Launch Systems is a flexible unit of The Boeing Company and
headquartered in St. Louis. BDS is one of the world's largest
defense, space and security businesses specializing in innovative
and capabilities-driven customer solutions, and the world's largest
and most versatile producer of military aircraft and
commercial/civil/government space systems.Position
- Ensure performance of existing network, maintain configuration
of network devices (routers, switches, firewalls) and trouble shoot
network as necessary to resolve issues.
- Ensure performance of existing terrestrial communications
devices and trouble shoot as necessary to resolve issues.
- Maintain network documentation.
- Add/delete devices on network as required.
- Install/replace hardware and cabling as required.
- Comply with cybersecurity requirements (RMF) by performing
hardening and patching on network devices and PCs, installing &
maintaining required monitoring software and providing CONOPS as
- Regular on-console work as responsible engineer for facility
network and terrestrial communications devices.
- Work with multi-skill team to accomplish team objectives.
- Managing end of service life status on all network and PC
hardware and software and developing mitigation plans as
needed.This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance,
for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A U.S.
Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is
considered active) An active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance.
Special Program Access is required pre-start.Basic-Qualifications
- Possess a Technical Bachelor's, Master's or a PhD degree (A
technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in
mathematics, scientific or information technology field of
- An active U.S. Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance with Special
Program Access is required pre-start.Preferred Qualifications
- Computer Engineering or Computer Science degree is
- Experience with Windows and Linux systems administration,
Windows 10, RHEL , Solaris 11
- Network & related skills : Cisco router/switch/firewall
configuration, Wireshark, Active Directory, NetApp, VM Ware
- Familiarity with cybersecurity monitoring software (Splunk,
- On-console operational experience
- Experience working with teams
- Experience with Agile/Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Translate security policies and procedures into technical
- At least 5 years of experience installing, monitoring, and
maintaining network security solutions
- CISSP, Security+, CEH, CISA or other DOD 8570.01 IAT
certificationThe following are highly desired:
- CCNA, CCNP or other Cisco certification
- MCSA, MCSE or other Microsoft certification
- RHCE, RHSA or other RedHat Certification
- VCP, VCAP or other VMWare certification
- NCDA, NCSA or other NetApp certificationTypical Education &
Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through
advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in
engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
(e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work
experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and
experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In
the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not
required, accreditation standard.Relocation:This position offers
relocation based on candidate eligibility.- (Basic relocation is
available for internal candidates, based on candidate
eligibility.)Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.-Additional Information: All
information provided will be checked and may be verified. Please
apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence
before the end date.
Keywords: BOEING, Bellflower , Cyber System Administrator-Network Security Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Bellflower, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!