Family Dollar is seeking motivated individuals to support our
Stores as we provide essential products at great values to the
communities we serve.
As a Family Dollar Customer Service Representative you will be
responsible for providing exceptional service to our customers. Key
priorities include greeting customers, assisting them with
selection of merchandise, completing transactions, and answering
questions regarding the store and merchandise.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides customer engagement in positive and approachable
• Assists in maintaining a clean, well-stocked store for
customers during their shopping experience.
• Helps in the unloading of merchandise from delivery trucks,
organizes merchandise, and transports merchandise from stockroom to
• Independently stocks shelves and recovers merchandise in the
• Accurately handles customer funds and processes transactions
using the POS system.
• Remains constantly aware of customer activity to ensure a safe
and secure shopping environment.
• Performs all other duties as assigned in order to maintain an
effective and profitable store operation.
Education: Prefer completion of high school or equivalent.
Ability to follow directives and interpret retail operational
documents as assigned.
Experience: Prefer experience working in retail, hotel,
restaurant, grocery or drug store environments.
Physical Requirements: Ability to regularly lift up to 40lbs.
(and occasionally, up to 55 lbs.) from floor level to above
shoulder height; must be able to meet demands of frequent walking,
standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling and
repetitive lifting, with or without reasonable accomodation.
Availability: Ability to work flexible, full-time schedule to
include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Skills and Competencies: Customer Focus, Developing Potential,
Results Driven, Strong Organizational Skills, Communication Skills,
Problem Solving/Decision Making, Job Knowledge and Relationship