Physician Scheduling Clerk / Bilingual
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: November 16, 2023
No information available at this time.
- Ensures the consistent and efficient operation of the medical
office schedules, hospital call rotation, and special procedure
and/or operating room assignments for primary care departments
(Family Proactive, Pediatrics, OB/GYN, Internal Medicine, Allergy
and dermatology) at 10+ locations throughout the service area.
- Coordinates the departmental physician and physician-extender
- Initiates and prepares and implements the monthly provider
schedules for various departments.
- Enters data into the regional CARE System program.
- Distributes the provider master schedules to providers, medical
office administration and ancillary support services (i.e. Surgery
Scheduling) in a timely manner.
- Coordinates all departmental master schedule changes.
- Solely responsible for ensuring accurate, complete and timely
schedules, subject to the approval of the Module Coordinators
and/or Chiefs of Service.
- Bi-monthly, will compute all worked hours and non-worked
physician hours (AT/ET).
- Responsible for compiling each physician's bi-monthly
- Completes a Regional Positive Time Report for each
- Data input of vital physician payroll data into the Regional
Physician Pay roll System.
- Administrative Duties: Coordinates physician and physician
-extender's monthly medical office schedule, hospital call
rotation, special procedure and/or operating room assignments that
meets both the patient and provider access needs.
- Makes appropriate schedule changes for medical office, hospital
call rotation, special procedure and/or operating room, keeping
appointment levels at their optimum.
- Develops a check and balance system to ensure schedule changes
are made correctly and that those departments affected by these
changes are notified immediately.
- Monitors and follows up with all schedule changes assigned to
- Maintains and balances an equitable call schedule within the
- Prepares and maintains holiday call schedules for physicians,
making all calls equitable in rotation.
- Adheres to area and departmental Policies and Procedures and
still keep all aspects of the schedules functioning smoothly.
- Coordinates and develops, along with the chief of each
department, provider master schedules 3 months prior to activating
those schedules in Regional CARE system.
- Ensures that the Physician Scheduling Policy and Procedures are
followed when developing and maintaining provider profiles.
- Confirms physician time against master Schedules and actual
CARE appointments schedules.
- Accurately records all physician payroll information on the
Regional Positive Time Reports.
- Accurately reports all direct and indirect physician hours via
the regional payroll system.
- Independently prepares and maintains physician and
physician-extender medical office schedules, hospital call
rotation, and special procedure and/or operating room assignments
for multiple providers; distributes schedules according to
- Implements and expedites all physician and physician-extender's
schedule changes and coordinates absences such as VL, SL, and/or
requests for time off, to ensure adequate coverage for all medical
- Follows up with appointment personnel to ensure that all
schedule changes were completed in a timely and accurate
- Notifies appropriate medical office and hospital personnel when
schedule changes occur.
- Enters and/or oversees the entry of provider master schedules
into Regional CARE System and updates data as required by Physician
Scheduling and Procedures.
- Ensures that physicians and physician-extenders arrange for
their own medical office and hospital call coverage in the event of
their absence, according to the departmental policies and
- Develops physician and physician-extender profiles (schedules)
for new providers following departmental policies and procedures as
established by the Chief of Service.
- Computes physician worked on non-worked hours onto Positive
Time Reports according to established policy and procedures.
- Prepares and distributes physician's copy of Positive Time
- Monitors and controls physician overtime; obtains appropriate
authorizations for call backs; ensure provider's appropriate use of
indirect not-worked time and indirect worked time.
- Enters physician payroll information into the Regional Payroll
- Reviews and maintains personal data listings of per diems
physician to ensure accuracy of telephone numbers and
- Conducts orientation with new providers, to acquaint him/her
with Physician Scheduling role and responsibilities.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate department files and
- Will ensure accuracy and confidentiality of all records.
- Collects, prepares and distributes statistical data as
- Composes and types interoffice memorandums, as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Pay Grade: 14
- Minimum two (2) years of recent direct experience with
demonstrates computer literacy.
- Minimum two (2) years of recent experience on a computerized
appointment system or equivalent experience.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively and
diplomatically with all levels of personnel.
- Adaptability to constant schedule changes and modification of
the provider's schedules.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a heavy workload
- Master scheduling experience.
- Physician payroll experience.
- Ability to meet scheduling deadlines.
- General knowledge of organizational procedures and the ability
to apply them to various situations.
- This is an on call position, days and hours may vary.
Primary Location: California,Bellflower,Bellflower Medical
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1
Workdays: Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Working Hours Start: 06:30 AM
Working Hours End: 03:00 PM
Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B01-SEIU-Local 399
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Bellflower MOB - Family Medicine-Regular Clinic -
Pay Range: $26.12 - $28.94 / hour The ranges posted above reflect
the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you
reside in a different location or state than the location
Travel: No At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity
are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a
part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and
inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to
receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities
we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser
Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to
equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an
inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status. Submit Interest
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Bellflower , Physician Scheduling Clerk / Bilingual, Other , Bellflower, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!